Menu doesn't open 5%-10% of the time

I’m using the “navigation collapsed” element in the header builder for my mobile menu.

When I make my browser narrower on my pc, to make the mobile menu visible, and click it, the menu works 100% of the time.

However when I test on my phone it only works about 95% of the time. The other 5% the element will have focus but it won’t open the menu.

We’ve noticed this on two of our sites so I think its a theme issue.

Hi,

I tried your sites on my phone, iphone + safari browser and it seems to work fine on my end.

May I know what browser and phone are you using, can you another phone and see if you could replicate the issue.

Thanks

I am on an iPhone 7Plus using Safari, Chrome, and Firefox - same issue on all 3 browsers. Please note it is only about 5% of the time it does it. The other 95% of the time it works as expected.

Hi there,

I tried it too and seems to be working okay. Perhaps it’s loading slower on your end? Because the script will only execute once it’s loaded and the menu is dependent you that script. Or is there any procedure on how to reproduce this issue?

Thanks!

The only way to replicate it is to open and close the menu a bumch of times. It works fine most of the time, it’s only every now and then it fails to open. I’m sure the entire page has loaded because it does open the menu and then will randomly not open it directly after it just did.

Hi there,

I just tried and it works 100% on my end, but I’ll continue checking on other devices, maybe it’s device specific.

Thanks!

I just tried it again and I can no longer replicate the failure. I don’t know what was going on.

Hey there,

This may be due to the device you’re using but we’re glad it’s fixed now.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.