Menu bar floating in middle of SR slider when mobile is turned into landscape orientation: part 2

This is a continuation of this thread, which I had given up on receiving an answer for after 10 days with no response to this thread from Themeco and I really needed to get going on something workable.

What you currently see on your phones is my own workaround with suggestions from SliderRevolution. I noticed that a slideshow “hero” header breaks when there is a navigational bar below the “hero” since, to display the slideshow “correctly” (ie. without the nav bar floating in the middle of the slideshow), Themeco requires the slideshow to appear “full screen” rather than “full width”. When the slideshow appears fullscreen on mobile-landscape/tablet, the text area is rendered too small, and thus unreadable. On a mobile-landscape orientation and tablet aspect ratio, the slideshow needs to be full-width in order to be readable (and thus scrollable length-wise).

Without a response from you, I did not know what else to do for mobile-landscape/tablet view except to make the nav bar appear on at the top of the screen as opposed to my original design of having the nav bar appear under the “hero” and sticking to the top of the screen when scrolling downward.

Thus my comment to you guys that, “All I want is a slideshow/header for the mobile-landscape orientation that doesn’t compromise the image or the text’s readability. Using a tablet aspect ratio for mobile-landscape does compromise both the image (the point of a slideshow) and the readability of text,” and a request to see if a scrollable fullwidth slideshow on mobile-landscape/tablet was doable.

Hey Natasha,

I have created a test page and it is displayed like this:

Please check the URL on the secure note below and test it on your mobile. Clarify what needs to be done with this setup for the navigation and the slider.

Thanks.

Hello,

Yes, that appears to work on mobile. Thank you.

Can I ask what you did to prevent the navbar from appearing in the middle of the slideshow/making the slideshow scrollable on mobile-landscape?

I’ve also been fairly concerned in my page building experiences with Themeco. Even with what seems to be a simple concept such as this idea (having a nav bar appear under a slideshow hero), it turns into a weeks-long issue for which I need support. It’s a little frustrating and is making me dubious over my investing in a lifetime license in Pro, also inducing wariness in me over using Pro after the support runs out after a year since the initial purchase.

Hey Natasha,

The thread was assigned to me and I was on my week OFF which is why it took a little while to get this resolved. Anyways, I simply duplicated your homepage and your custom header. I played around with the right element settings that would accomplish what you have in mind. I would love for you to check the test page and inspect both the page content and the custom header as well. If you are satisfied with the test page, you can use the test custom header and assign it globally.

Best Regards.

I’d like to know what you did specifically to get this to work so I can learn from this rather than me having to wade through all the settings, comparing the two in order to figure it out, and potentially getting it wrong and confused.

And this isn’t a one time thing or the only issue I have been having with Pro, which is part of my concern. I’ve been having to go to support many times and more often than not, it’s felt like a battle. Additionally, when I bring up the frequency of these concerns, I am not met with possible solutions but… with anger? (“The thread was assigned to me and I was on my week OFF which is why it took a little while to get this resolved”). I’m not sure how that helps me use Pro when support runs out. That is alarming to me and makes me want to both avoid Pro and warn others to avoid it as well. It also makes me rather regretful and worried I invested in a lifetime license.

Thanks,
Natasha

Hey Natasha,

I apologize for the late response.

All I did is duplicated your custom header. I made sure that the 2nd Bar element containing the navigation menu is set to “Sticky”. I have duplicated your homepage and then removed the slider section of the homepage content. The slider that is displaying on the test page is just coming from Bar 1 element in the custom header.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for the header.

You are most welcome, Natasha.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.