mediaElement Audio Player rendering differently in Pro 6.1.10 and WP6.2

Hello, I’m not sure why, but since I updated to 6.1.10 and WP6.2, my Cornerstone audio players are all messed up all over this site. The url for this page is fallsbaptist.org/preaching

These players are build with loopers and consumers. The “Sermon Player” button is essentially an audio player with dynamic content that pulls the sermon url into the sources field. I’d used some custom CSS to style my play/pause button and removed the time rail, but now my players aren’t appearing at all. I’ve tried troubleshooting, but I can’t for the life of my figure it out.

I know that you all had a bit of a crisis because of the mediaElement, and I didn’t know if this was a side-effect of it.

Here’s what my players look like in my builder:

And here’s what they look like on the front end. The play button is totally absent and I can’t figure out why!

Yeah it’s most certainly related.

Try the following in a child theme for now. It’ll add the media element JS everywhere, but it’ll just be temporary till we get a proper fix in place.

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', function() {
  wp_enqueue_script( 'mediaelement' );
});

@charlie,

This did not fix the problem. I added it to the child theme functions.php and there is no change.

Does clearing the Rocket cache help? I would try the following next. You are using [audio] shortcode correct? The following helped for the audio shortcode.

add_filter( 'wp_audio_shortcode_library', '__return_false');

Added that code to my child theme functions.php and my audio players all seem to be working again. And, by the way, I was not using the [audio] shortcode; I was using the v2 audio element in Cornerstone in the example I gave above. However, all media elements were essentially unstylable. Thanks for the workaround!

1 Like

Hi @bobbybosler,

Glad to know that it start working again.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.