MEC shortcode maxing out memory

Hi,

I’m using MEC (version 4.9.5) on a website I’m developing – and since about a week ago, when the plugin is active on the site, any page that uses an MEC shortcode maxes out the memory limit (deactivating the plugin fixes the error). I’ve tried temporarily increasing the memory limit in wp_config.php to no avail; I’ve contacted the developers (Webnus) for support and they have not responded. Any insights?

Hello @muriel,

Thanks for writing in!

We cannot login because it asks for the 2FA code.

Meanwhile, ​we recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Hello,

I’ve tried increasing the memory limit already, and it doesn’t help. I’ve temporarily disabled 2FA, if you’re able to log in and take a look?

Hello @muriel,

I have logged in and check your server settings. It all seems fine. Can you please provide us your FTP login details? We need to check some things and also alter your wp-config.php if possible for the resolution of your issue.

Thank you in advance.

Sure, see secure note attached

Hey @muriel,

I see that you have implemented the code. It looks like your web host does not allow the increase of memory however. Please contact your web host to increase the memory to 256M or more.

If they won’t allow it, I’m afraid you need to move to a better web host.

Thanks.

Thanks, I’ll contact them

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.