MEC Plugin update impossible

Hi guys,

I keep having a proposition to update Modern Events Calendar, but when I try to update, I keep having an error message saying that the Package is unavailable.

Is this a known issue ?

Best,

1 Like

having the same issue.

Have you seen also your update number notification showing 1 and then when you click it tells you no updates ?

Hey guys,

Thanks for reaching out!

Just want to let you know that the latest version of our MEC bundled plugin is 7.8.0. https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility#third-party-extensions

If your plugin version for MEC is lower than our current one, what you can do it try deleting the said plugin and installing it again from our plugin lists. You don’t have to worry, your settings will not be overwritten or removed because the data is save in the database.

Hope that helps.

No… mine still shows I need 1 update.

I have 7.8 installed, but it’s saying there is an update for 7.9 (which results in the error @Giovxiii shared:

1 Like

Hey There,

We will forward this issue to the person responsible for the Themeco plugin updates.

Please bear with us.

The latest version of MEC is available on automatic updates. All the best!

MEC is still on 7.8 in my environment. Checking for an update gives me an error:
Could not determine if updates are available for Modern Events Calendar.
HTTP response code is 403 (expected: 200) puc_unexpected_response_code

And when I click Update Required, it takes me to the bulk update manager. Clicking Update doesn’t do anything; the plugin in stays on 7.8. I’ve confirmed that there is a 7.9 version on Webnus’ website; so there seems to be an issue with Pro pulling it down.

I ended up having to deactivate it to actually get the update from 7.8 to 7.9 to go through; but that isn’t the norm, so I think there is still something going on with MEC updating in the Pro environment.

Hey @ThatNerdyKev,

Sometimes MEC is acting that way. Deactivating the said plugin then update it will do the trick.

Hope that helps.