Mec not send confirmation email

Hi People ( I desperately need help)

My MEC recently started to not send confirmation emails. I tested the system beforehand and it was working right up until few weeks ago when I last tested it. So I’m assuming thinking it might be something to do with the new update.

also for some reason the “Confirmation email” settings under “Notifications” are available but the tick box that allows you to enable or disable has disappeared. if I refresh that particular settings page it shows up for a second then disappears. here is a screenshot of what im seeing on confirmation settings

Something else I noticed, the customer is receiving the initial booking email saying they have received the booked and that it needs to be confirmed but they just don’t get the confirmation one and the setting for bookings are set to auto-confirm. when I check the status of the bookings it has actually been confirmed.

coincidently the booking email settings are showing the enable/disable tick box, unlike the “Booking Confirmation” and “Booking Verification” settings. here is a screenshot of these settings

There seems to be some sort of fault with notifications setting, in general, I also find when go these setting the page starts to lag/stutter like theres something struggling to load.

I’ve tried to raise this on the webinars site but they have this new live chat for technical support but no one seems to answer

Can you please help

Hey @bulli79,

Would you unchecking the auto-confirmation settings?

You didn’t mention what things you tried to fix the issue so I’d like to clarify if you’ve tried the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, temporarily clear all caches then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and temporarily disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. If you’re using a child theme, switch to the parent theme.

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If none of that helps, I’d recommend that you copy your site to a staging server as troubleshooting further in a live site carries a risk of breaking it.

After you’ve completed copying your live site to staging, please give us the following information in a Secure Note:

• Staging WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Staging FTP access.

Thanks.

Ok just a quick update

unticking Auto confirm seemed to work. the only problem is i wanted to not have confirm the bookings
and this worked without having to switch any plug ins off.

so do you think the problem could be with the new update because as i mentioned before it was working before with all the same plug ins

Hi @bulli79,

Can you try switching to a default theme (Twenty Nineteen) and see if that resolves the issue, If the issue persists, I would recommend installing, configuring and testing an SMTP plugin, you can choose from any of the top results below.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/WP+SMTP/

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.