Massive CPU usage on one of my pages

Hello, I am having extremely high CPU usage when working on and editing a certain page. The page is basically an ideas/test page that I have used this Parallax help after getting some help from you guys but I think that there is a problem with my set up (please see attached screenshot)

I am convinced that it is something to do with the layout in regards to the div, rows and columns and the way that they are nested but I can’t figure out what it is exactly.

Please advise.

Hello @mode500,

Thanks for writing in! Are you looking background images with a very large dimensions? Please check out the page using this tool:

We would also love to check your site if you can give us access. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Okay added a secure note, thank you, and yes, I confirm.

Hello @mode500,

I have inspected your page and I found out that you have added custom inline CSS @keyframes in several elements. This could be causing the issue because @keyframes instructs the browser to render an animation thus making the browser consume more CPU usage. Please temporarily remove those CSS and test the page again.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Ahh yes of course! I am curious to know though how come I can have a page of my saved codepens running in a window and there is no issue yet whilst only having cornerstone open in one tab and having the frontend view open in another there is massive CPU usage?

I shall check my page/site loading times and page size etc once I have completed things as with having a few @keyframes this may be an issue at some point but is it mainly due to having the cornerstone builder open at the same time that the @keyframes are running both in the builder and the frontend view that is causing the issue?

Quite obviously @keyframes are resource intensive but I am guessing that cornerstone added to the mix makes a lot of difference, is cornerstone quite resource intensive also even though it is usually okay whilst running on its own?

Hey @mode500,

I can’t provide a definitive answer as I can’t log in to your site because 2FA is on and can’t access the page because it’s maybe in draft.

At this point, I can only provide a general answer and that is Cornerstone or Pro 5.1.5 consumes only 5 to 20% CPU usage even with custom keyframes.

What you’re experiencing could be an isolated case. But, remember that Cornerstone, like other page builders, is powered by a combination of assets (Javascript and CSS included). Those assets consume CPU when they are needed. It’s not much during my testing of a heavy page (lots of elements) though.

Please do more test and it would be best that you test using different computers also.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.