Masonry blog index not showing up unless logged in

I updated WP, X theme, and Cornerstone today and my blog index will only show in standard mode, not masonry. I can see masonry layout as a logged in user, but not otherwise. I have deactivated plugins and still no resolution. I currently have the blog index in standard mode so that something shows up, but can only do this short term. Can you please assist? I will put credentials in a private note.

Hello @jlswilton,

Thanks for writing to us.

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I have done all of those things. I don’t have it set up on a staging site. Can you please look at the site I sent?

Hi @jlswilton ,

I’ve taken a look and it is because of some custom code in your child theme. jQuery needs to be present when the page loads for the masonry blog to work but it is being deferred. I will include the code I’m referring to in a secure note.

Thanks. That is so strange though. That code has been there a long time and has never impacted the masonry layout at all. What changed?

Hi @jlswilton,

The underlying theme code changed. When we make changes to the theme, we cannot anticipate every customisation that people will have made, which is why things like this happen.

As I’m sure you can appreciate, we cannot rectify every customer’s custom code when we release updates, which is why we encourage the use of native theme options wherever possible, unless you’re comfortable working with, and updating your own code.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @jlswilton,

It is best that you open up a new thread.

By the way, I am not logged and I checked your blog index. It is displaying as expected on my end.

See the secure note.

Thanks.