Masonry blog/archive layout won't load

In an existing site the masonry blog layout suddenly stopped working. Nothing new installed or updated, it suddenly shows the loading animation but doesn’t complete. I noticed also that when checking in Customize, I couldn’t navigate to an archive page to check, the menu links don’t work to preview. When I set the layout to standard, the navigation works in Customize and the posts load.

It’s currently set to standard layout, as this is a busy live site. Please advise how to troubleshoot this. It’s now been updated, but situation is the same. Also, this being a live site it’s not an option to turn on/off plugins that haven’t interfered previously. Thanks.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Please send us your website details so that we can look on to the issue you are facing.
To avoid any damage to the live site can you clone your site in to a different location and give that details so that we can check it.

Hope to hear from you!

Thanks

Did some checking on my own behind a Maintenance plugin. There doesn’t seem to be a conflict with any plugin. So we did a clone of the site and I have login credentials for you, but I don’t know how to send it in private mode. I’ve set up the masonry display for blog and archives, so you’ll see what the problem is.

Hello there,

I checked your website and turned off all third-party plugins except Cornerstone and the problem persists.

Then I went to Appearance > themes, and change the child theme to The Parent theme, and the problem is fixed.

It seems that there is a customization code in the child theme which is causing the issue.

Thank you.

Thank you. I didn’t think of checking that. I’ve had this happen to another site (different theme). I reinstalled a new x-child and only copied the most essential files into it and it works again. Appreciate the help.

Glad that we could be of a help :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.