Map shortcode works in crornerstone but not on regular website

Hello,
I’m using the “map” shortcode to show my location in a google map.
The maps works great in cornerstone - it shows my location and details as desired, but it doesn’t show up when I enter my website (not in cornerstone) both in mobile and desktop.
Please help me fix this problem,
Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for posting in! When using the map shortcode, you will need to insert an API key because Google now requires the api key. Take shit shortcode as an example:

[google_map api_key="insert api key here" lat="40.7056308" lng"-73.9780035" zoom="12" zoom_control="true" drag="true" height="45%"][/google_map]

To know how you can get the api key, please check out this video:

Thank you very much.
The map works now, but I still have a couple problems:

  1. I want to remove the container, but the option: no_container=“true" - does nothing.
  2. It seems that the height option doesn’t work.
  3. There is a small gap below the map (inside the column), even though I set all margins and padding to 0

Hi There,

Please provide your URL so we can provide you a tailored solution.

Thanks

Hi There,

Please add the following code to X > Theme Options > CSS

.x-map.with-container {
     border: none;
    background: none;
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0px;
}

Hope it helps

You added your question in a secure note, that is how you make it private.

Hope it helps

looks great! thank you so much

You are welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.