Manual Excerpts in Alternate Post Formats

I use and like manual excerpts when I create my standard posts using the Standard format. However, when I use the Link or Quote format, (both of which I use quite a bit) I can enter the manual excerpts, but it does not appear in the blog grid that displays all my posts. I have searched for it using the inspector, but it appears to not be there at all.

I would like to see it in addition to, or possibly instead of, the actual link in the Link format and above the meta information in the Quote format. Basically, I’d just like it to appear like it does with the Standard post format.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-nic

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

The link is not the same as a standard post, it’s purpose is to link and will always appear as the link. How about using the standard post or quote post format? Then install a redirect plugin and set the redirect URL to your post to make it appear as a link (clickable to the designated URL).

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.