Make Entire Feature Boxes Links

Hello,

I’m attempting to make entire feature boxes links rather than just one line of text. I found this https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/code-snippet-add-a-link-to-feature-boxes/273. Though, I’m embarrassed to say, I don’t know where to put this code. Can you please help a newbie?

Thanks!

Hi,

You can add the code in X > Launch > Options > JS

Hello,
I have done this and it isn’t working.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Hi There,

Thank you for providing the information. I have logged in and found out that some of the featured boxes does not have any link in it. Please do not forget to insert the link because that will be used by the JS code as the link of the entire box.

And the by way, the JS code doesn’t need to be changed. Just use this code with no alterations:

jQuery ( function( $ ) {

$('.x-feature-box-text a:last-child').each( function() {
    $( this ).parent().parent().parent().find('.x-feature-box-graphic-inner img').wrap( '<a href="' + $( this ).attr('href') + '"></a>' );
    $( this ).remove();
  } );

} );

Hope this helps.

Hi!

Thank you. I was trying to make the entire box a link rather than just the text or photo. I did find a work around by using the JS code you provided to make the image link. Then, I added html links in the Title/Content section. This way whichever a user clicks, will get them to the linked page.

Hopefully that can help someone else here in the forums!

Thank you so much for your help!

You’re most welcome.

Hi there!
I followed the instructions and added both the JS code and the link in the feature box. But somehow it won’t work?
Would you please log in to my website and see what I did wrong?

Hi @Yvonne,

Thanks for writing around! Please do not share your site credentials in someone else’s thread as the secure notes are visible to the thread owner as well. I’ve removed your secure note for security purpose and I’d recommend you to please change your site credentials as soon as possible. Always create a new thread if you need to share some details.

However I tried to login with your credentials and they were invalid. Please create a new thread so we can take a look at your setup.

Thanks!

Oh, I didn’t know that… Since it wasn’t in issue at the former support forum. Perhaps it’s also a wise idea to update the “How to get Support”-page, since it wasn’t mentioned there that secure notes are also visible for the thread owner…

I also noticed that you couldn’t log in and I updated the secure note accordingly. Either way, I will create a new thread now.

Thanks!

Hello There,

We have responded to your own thread instead to avoid getting off topic.

Thank you for your understanding.