Make Breadcrumbs showing custom blog pages instead of categories

Hi X theme

I use 5 main blog categories in my main menu, for different types of topics:

• News
  • Advice
  • Columns
  • Memes
  • Videos

I always only use only 1 category per post.

These blog categories each have their own custom “main” page. On this page I use The Grid to show all posts from that category.

When people are reading a post, I would like my breadcrumbs to look like this:

Home > Custom Blog Page > Post title

Instead, at the moment my breadcrumbs look like this:

Home > Blog Name > Category > Post title

(I achieved this with the help of other forum topics and finding custom code for Child Theme functions.php).

Could you help me, to make the breadcrumbs look like:

Home > Custom Blog Page > Post title

Maybe you could also provide the code and filters to achieve this via Child Theme functions.php?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Woordenaar,

Thanks for reaching out.
It seems that you have set the permalink with the %category% and that is why it is showing in the URL and breadcrumb. I would suggest you remove the %category% from permalink and check if that resolved your issue. If that does not help, there might be some different reasons behind your reason. I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue
5.CSS/JS Customization

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above help, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi Tristup

It is not an issue, but normal Wordpress behavior I guess.

Normally when setting category for permalinks, permalink redirects to category and to blog.

Normally in wordpress there is only 1 main blog page set, so only 1 blog to link to.

But in my case, I have 4 different categories = 4 different main blog pages, that I made using The Grid showing one of these categories on each of these custom blog pages.

Therefore I want the permalink to link to these custom blog pages, instead of the category page. Because when linking to standard category page, the posts are displayed very basic and not the same way as I set up with The Grid on these custom pages.

Therefore I would like to have my permalinks setup this way. So it will have each of these custom blog pages in its structure. For example:

home > link to custom blog page for category 1 > post title
home > link to custom blog page for category 2 > post tilte

I’ve seen that your staff has already helped many people with custom code to place in functions.php, because your theme seems to works with filters, and so you can adjust the permalink this way.

For example:

Could you help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Update: I’ve found a solution… Maybe this could also be helpful for others that have made custom blog pages and that want the breadcrumb to link to custom page instead of category:

Show your custom blog pages instead of category:

Hiding blog name from permalinks:

Hi @Woordenaar,

Glad that you are able to find the solution.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.