Major problems with my CSS child theme file due to Pro upgrade

I use a child theme for most of the layout of my web page. After installing the new Pro theme, I noticed that when I tried to make adjustments to my child theme CSS file, they would not take effect in any browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, iOS). I checked my FTP server and my File Manager and the CSS changes were showing there. But when I opened the page in a browser, no changes.

I went so far as to delete the stylesheet entirely. In the appearance > themes section of Wordpress, Wordpress gives me an error that there is no stylesheet attached to the childtheme. When I check the FTP server and File manager, no stylesheet is showing. But all the browsers keep referring to the file. I note the browsers are referring to a stylesheet that ends in style.css?ver=1.2.3. I am not sure what this is referring to but it seems to be some old version of the CSS file which I cannot access

In speaking with my hosting company, they seem to think that this is something to do with the Pro theme. From your standpoint, does that make sense?

Hi,

It sounds like a cache issue.

If you have a cache plugin installed It’s possible to implement a change, and not have it take place because a cached version of the page or various resources are loading instead of the latest version.

Try to clear your plugin cache and browser cache then check again.

THanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.