Main Page Content on CornerStone suddenly not showing

Good morning,

This morning I went to edit a page and I am not able to see the content to the website. I have looked at other forums in the group which suggested that the database data is corrupted so restored a backup of 2 days ago which I know was working 100% but still having same issue.

When I go to edit the page I can see the header and footer of the website but not the actual content itself.

I have attempted to debug this issue but not managed to find out what. No new plugins have been added, no modification to the database itself. We did some work on a page last night (created a new service page) which was working fine. Signed out, signed in this morning to make some changes to the new page and this issue is there. Guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I have also checked with inspect and console, I noticed some errors coming up with some JS for cornerstone which can be seen below.

Kind Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Those errors could be coming through a third party plugin, I’d suggest you to please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Remove JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme (take a complete backup first).

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

Hi

After some more testing, it was only happening on a few pages. Out of 11 pages on the website it was affecting 4 pages. Everything is always up to date on this website as I check daily.

I ended up re-creating the pages. I do wonder though what may have caused this issue? I still have the corrupted pages on the server, I am thinking that the shortcodes that cornerstone uses may have got corrupted on them somehow.

Any advice on how I can check these shortcodes for errors?

Kind Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

I see, in that case, would you mind providing your sie’s URL and admin login credentials in the secure note?

I like to confirm if it’s really a data corruption or just script error, and please provide a sample URL where this still happens.

Data corruption could happen if you directly edit them through database.

Thanks!

Hi @Rad

No changes where made directly on the database as far as I am aware. As previously mentioned, I had created a page on the website. Logged out, following day logged in, went to edit the home page as there were some missing links and it gave me this issue.

I will make a login account and add it as a note.

Kind Regards

Chris

Hi @netekmalta,

It seems to be okay and loading upon checking around, would you mind providing the specific as requested where this happens? I don’t see any missing links as well.

Thanks!

Can you explain what you checked? I explained that the issue was editing a particular page with Cornerstone… When I say missing links I meant I had put # targets on the page and I wanted to add the proper links to this page.

In case it is of any help the page ID that is having the cornerstone issue is 7 titled as in the previous note.

Thank you

Hi Chris,

I checked the page that you is having issues and can see the following error in the console.

Can you please confirm that you have tested for plugin conflict.

I can also see that you have incompatible version of the theme and cornerstone.

Please update your theme and cornerstone to latest versions.

X 6.5.5, Cornerstone 3.5.4

Thanks

Hi @paul.r,

I cannot see the option to update the theme via the updates section of WP as this is stating that I am using the latest version of X. Will this need to be done manually? Regarding plugin testing for conflicts, this is only happening on one page as far as I can see which was the home page. If there was a plugin conflict then surely this would have affected all pages as they are using same layouts all the way through… I replicated the home page manually using the same elements and this is not showing the same issue.

I will download and manually upload the latest version of x at some point this afternoon as I am away from the office right now.

Kind Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes, you need to update manually since multisite is enabled,

Please check Manual updates section on the link below.

After updating the theme, please let us know if the issues persist.

Thanks

I see, ok. All other sites automatically update that are multisites so I assumed that this would be the same. Thank you again, I will proceed with these updates asap.

Kind Regards

Chris

Let us know how it goes, Chris.

Hi,

I updated the theme to 6.5.5 manually but the same page is still having issues with displaying the content. Normally I am able to identify issues with WP errors but this has stumped me. Only 1 page is giving me this cornerstone problem but the page is loading fine on WordPress itself.
I have re-created this page and set it to the home page itself without any issues. Am still stumped why I am having this issue with only 1 page.

Kind Regards

Chris

Hey Chris,

There could have been something on your end (probably a combination of old JS versions conflicting and browser cache) that corrupts the page only on your end because when I checked the original page, it loaded with the content. Please try testing the pages with issue in incognito mode and other browsers to see if the issue persists.

Also deactivate all browser extensions if you have any.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.