Main nav styles and colors

Hi there,

Looking for some help on my main navigation setup.

On https://consensusapp.wpengine.com, I’m using the following to control the styles of the links:

.ubermenu a {
color: #D264DD !important;
border: 3px !important;
border-color: #D264DD !important;
padding: 15px !important;
background-color: #1D2B42 !important;
}

.ubermenu a:hover {
font-size: 14px;
padding: 5px;
color: #D264DD !important;
text-decoration: none;
font-weight: normal;
background-color: #ffffff !important;
transition: all 0.15s linear;
}

However, I’m not getting the border I expect in the non-hover state, and I can’t figure out why.

I’m guessing this is related to why I still need !important, but I thought I had cleared out all the Ubermenu styles for the links themselves.

If you can point me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it. Thank you!

Hi,

Do you want to add border to your menu items in non hover state?

If so, you can try this code instead.

.ubermenu a {
   color: #D264DD !important;
    border:3px solid #D264DD !important;
    padding: 15px !important;
    background-color: #1D2B42 !important;
}

For your reference, you may refer to the link below

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_border.asp

Hope that helps.

Paul,

Thank you! Making great progress here. I got the nav 90% of the way there–the rollovers and such are creating a really nice experience.

I have a final challenge that I’ve struggled with here. I need to the get the two icons to sit more closely together: https://www.evernote.com/l/AO4_hypBr6xBvIQLTeTu8QkLyvatrPAF07k.

They’re #menu-item-332 and #menu-item-333, and I’ve tried styling them and reducing the margins, but I’m not getting these two items to move more closely together. Can you point me in the right direction here–do I have a admin setting that’s blocking this?

Thank you!

Hello There,

To get the two menu icons close to each other, feel free to use this code:

.ubermenu-item-332 a,
.ubermenu-item-333 a {
    margin-left: 0px !important;
    margin-right: 0px !important;
    padding-left: 0px !important;
    padding-right: 0px !important;
}

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Oh, I see. The ubermenu class instead of the WP id. Got it.

This worked great–thank you very much!

You’re welcome.