Main menu stopped working on mobile

The hamburger menu stopped working on mobile suddenly. And also some icons stopped showing on mobile.

I didn’t install any new plugins and all current plugins are updated.

Howdy, @danielprague! Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear that you seem to be having an issue with your mobile menu not opening. I have tested this feature locally and everything is working as expected. Are you by any chance running any performance optimization plugins that are maybe minifying / concatenating CSS / JS files? If so, please try disabling these plugins to see if that resolves the issue. At times, various minification / performance plugins can create issues with certain scripts when running.

Hey @kory, thanks for your reply!
I just tried it on two mobile phones and it is not working, the menu does nothing and the icons are not showing.
I’m not running any of those plugins. Any ideas?

Hello Daniel,

Your site is using a minifying plugin like Autoptimize or related plugin. You may need to regenerate the minified resources. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel,
thank you.

Hello Daniel,

I have logged in and have temporarily deactivated the WP Rocket and SG Optimizer plugin. The mobile menu should work now. Please allow a few hours to reactivate both plugins again. You may need to regenerate the plugin caches and the minified file resources.

Kindly check your site now.

Thank you @ruenel, the menu works now and the icons are showing up as well.
It’s interesting because I’m pretty sure I tried to deactivate plugin by plugin but with no result.

Is there anything I need to do/not do to prevent it from happening again?

Thanks once again

So it’s the SG Optimizer. As soon as I activate it, the mobile menu stops working and the icons stop showing up on mobile. I just deleted this one.

Hello Daniel,

Caching needs to be cleared every now and then especially right after every WordPress core, theme or plugin update. The best way to test to check if the latest updates are working for your site is to temporarily deactivate the caching feature in the site.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, good sir :slight_smile:

Hi Daniel,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.