Mailchimp form throwing error on Email form submit button

Uncaught TypeError: $(...).alert is not a function

problem area is in:
plugins/x-email-mailchimp/email-integration/js/site/main.js

Code area:

function make_alert( content, class_name ) {

return $('<div class="x-subscribe-form-alert-wrap">' +
                   '<div class="x-alert ' + ( class_name || 'x-alert-danger' ) + ' fade in man">' +
                     '<button type="button" class="close" data-dismiss="alert">&times;</button>' +
                     content +
                   '</div>' +
                 '</div>').alert();

}

I’ve read some had success with changing $ to jQuery works but that is not the fix.

I have:
X-Email Forms (Mailchimp) Version 1.1.2
X-Theme 9.0.5
WP: 5.8

Thanks,
Ray
(liberationprisonyoga.org)

Hi Ray,

Thanks for reaching out!

I check your website, are you referring to the popup subscribe form? If yes, I was able to complete the process.

If you are referring to something else, would you mind sharing more information on how to replicate your issue?

Hope that helps.

No, the form is here:

https://www.liberationprisonyoga.org/sign-up-for-our-newsletter/

Hi @prisonyogany,

Did you edit that code? Please note it is not advisable to edit plugin core files. If that’s not the case, would you mind sharing your credentials so that we can check the backend properly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Secure note was sent. Thanks.

Hello Anneke,

Thanks for providing the information.

We have found out that you are using an outdated and legacy X theme extension plugin.

Please deactivate the X - Email Forms and the X - Under Construction plugins because these plugins are deprecated and no longer maintained.

You will need to install the new Email Forms 2.0.5 and the Under Construction 2.1.0 plugins. You can check out the latest versions here:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.