"Low in stock" is not really "low in stock"

Good afternoon, I have a WooCommerce site running with X.

Most of my products will be 1 off pieces of art. The problem I am having is that now in my ‘WooCommerce Status’ it says that all my products are low in stock where as technically they are not - there is only 1 of them.

Please advise

Hi There,

I could not find any artwork low in stock, can you provide a specific item?

Thank you

Good morning,

you will see when you login there will be the WooCommerce Status it has ‘17 products low in stock’ - the problem is as most products are one of a kind so they are technically not low in stock

kind regards

Check if you’ve enabled Stock Management. See https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/configuring-woocommerce-settings/

Thanks.

Good morning and thank you for this,

yes Stock Management is ticked so I can then add the stock quality as 1 on the chosen products. However if I go to my dashboard it says that all my items are low in stock… But they are technically not as there is only one of them.

Please advise

You need to disable stock management at product level in that case.

For more WooCommerce usage tutorials, please see https://docs.woocommerce.com/documentation/plugins/woocommerce/. If you have questions related to WooCommerce usage, please contact WooCommerce support.

Thanks.

Thank you for this - but if I remove ‘manage stock’ then what would happen if someone brought it? Would it then be out of stock? This is what should happen as there is only 1 item

Kind Regards

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

If stock management is enabled at parent level, it will not consider all of the child stock levels if those are enabled also. If you’re managing stock levels per variation as per the screenshots, the parent level should not be set nor enabled, then it will respect the levels and stock statuses of the variations themselves.
Parent stock management should only be enabled if you have several variations which share the same stock qty.
If parent stock management is on, the stock status and display of the stock level will always be that of the parent.

To better understand how you can set up the product and stock management, please check out the documentation as provided by WooCommerce. You can view it here:

Hope this helps.