Lots of strange code on my website

Hi!

I’m using x theme for my website since about 2-3 years. Even though I have a very small site with only a handful of pages, it has been incredibly slow from the start.

I recently consulted an SEO specialist and he says there is a lot of strange code all over my website, particularly at the top of y home page that is slowing my site down and making Google dislike it too https://www.blojfri.se/

What is this code and how can I clean up my website from it? I’ve only used the theme as it is without any extra coding since I have no clue how to do that.

Many thanks for your input on this,
Sofia

Hey Sofia,

The code you’re most likely referring to (see Secure Note) is an internal stylesheet. Those styles are coming from the Theme Options. It will not affect SEO. The most probable reason why your SEO specialist told you Google doesn’t like it is because of the Pagespeed recommendation to eliminate render blocking CSS. You should not worry about that. The reason why there is an internal stylesheet is because, there is currently no feasible method to output the theme options to an external stylesheet.

Please don’t worry about that. There are thousands of X sites that rank well. That is because how the site was built is not a ranking factor. Your content alongside performance are the major ranking factors.

Let me give you an example. Here is a website that uses X https://wpspeedguru.com/. It ranks well for the keyword wp speed. You see it ranks well because of the domain name and the keywords used. That demonstrates that X won’t prevent Google from ranking your site. It depends on your target keywords and your actual content.

X has been built from the ground up using the latest, semantic HTML5 markup, allowing search engines to easily distinguish where your main content starts and ends and easily distinguish what it is about. Semantic markup also means clean markup. X has been architected to avoid extra structural code and presentational items in your main content, which can cause problems as your site is being indexed.

Thanks.

Hey Christian,

Thanks for your respons. Yes, the code attached in the secure note is what my SEO-specialist was referring to. I must say I feel a bit skeptical about this not being an issue…my website is very slow and I see no reason to why it should be like that since it only has about 5 pages to it. Something is not right. And Google page speed always tells me there is too much code above the fold.

If this code is not an issue, can you see any other reasons as to why my website is so slow? I know this impacts ranking heavily and I need to fix this. Either changing to a different theme or somehow fixing what I have right now.

Thanks,
Sofia

Hello Sofia,

Upon checking your site with different tools, I see that your site is in normal condition. Only thing can be improved is Browser caching, and for that, you can use caching plugins of your preference. You can also use a CDN and that’ll make your site significantly faster.

Otherwise, there’s nothing wrong with your site.

Best regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.