Lost Text Area - Cannot Remove

Hello,

I’m getting a bit frustrated with Cornerstone at the moment. I put a shortcode from a plugin into the cornerstone text editor, and no I cannot select that text area. If I remove that area using the text edit, not cornerstone, the second I use cornerstone, its back!

I think it’s a bit shoddy that I can’t edit something in the text area, within cornerstone tags, and it will not let me further edit the page in cornerstone without overriding.

How do I find an invisible text area? All it had was a shortcode that does not appear when using Cornerstone.

Hi @nhook,

Thanks for writing in.

We could not identify the problem if are not able to check your setup closer. Please share us your admin credentials so we could check your setup closer.

Don’t forget to set it in a secure note.

Thanks.

Hey @nico,

So, I’ve learned since then I need to use the Raw Element as opposed to Text to enter shortcodes, but I used a text field to put in a shortcode.

On the homepage of the site, the Retail Therapy section has a text element containing a shortcode. I can’t hover through the section and highlight the area that contains the shortcode, so I have to remove it using just the “Text” element outside of cornerstone, like a normal wordpress website.

However, once I return to editing with cornerstone, it comes back.

Howdy, @nhook,

Thanks for writing in! I logged into your site to take a look at things, but didn’t want to delete any content and potentially remove something you need. However, if you follow these steps below, you should be able to easily remove these Text Elements that you can no longer see:

  1. Open up your homepage in the Content Builder.
  2. Click the Skeleton Mode button in the bar to the left of the screen.
  3. Locate the Section containing your elements you need to delete but can’t see visually in the builder, and select the element you believe you need to delete.
  4. Once clicked, the element will be inspected and you can see its contents in the workspace to the left. If it is the element you are looking for, click the delete button to remove it from your page.

Here is an image outlining steps 2-4 once you’re in the builder:

Skeleton Mode is included for situations like this, where you need to access something that isn’t taking up any physical space and the builder can’t reflect, or if you just want a “10,000 ft.” view of your page layout and want to quickly move things around between Sections, Rows, Columns, et cetera.

Hopefully this helps to point you in the right direction to take this and make adjustments where needed throughout your design. Cheers!

Ah, thank you so much! I didn’t realize that button was there, or I could do that. You’re a life saver!

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!