Lost shortcode

Hello,

Somewhere along the way with the new update, I lost a small short code that I had at the top of one of the main pages of my website. I read somewhere along the way that we are now supposed to use Raw content to insert short code, but neither that nor classic text nor text elements work - when I go to the live page, the short code is not there. Specifically, I am trying to input the following code on my “Daily Analysis” page: [stock-ticker name=“Daily Analysis”]. Please help!

Info attached, thanks, Ryan

Hey @rhenry3369,

I checked all your Daily Analysis pages and I didn’t see a shortcode in the front-end.

All I see is this:

Please give us details and screenshots.

Shortcodes will work in Text elements and not only the Raw content element. Please check your shortcode if it works in the default WordPress text editor first.

Thanks.

Hello, The first shot below shows the live view of my site, the second view is the cornerstone view showing the shortcode entered at the top in both a raw element and a text element. Neither work. I do not know what the default WordPress text editor is, I do know it worked just fine for a long time prior to one of the recent updates.

Hi there,

I created a draft page and added the shortcode and it’s empty too, then when I checked the source code, the content being displayed in this

`

`

Which means the shortcode works, just don’t have a list. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Thank you for the help. It appears as if the plugin I was using is no longer in existence, didn’t realize that could happen!

Best, Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Glad to hear you were able to narrow it down to the plugin that it causing the issue.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.