Looper provider sitemap or chart

Hey guys! I recently got into experimenting with looper providers and it’s a really fun and incredibly versatile way of creating dynamic pages. However - probably due to my little knowledge about under the hood WordPress things - sometimes I find it hard to find the right settings or provider types depending on the task I’m on. Is there like a sitemap or chart (not sure how to explain it) that shows graphically where I can find specific things in a looper provider e.g. I want to get all images (not Featured) from one or multiple categories as a result or I want a certain product category to show up…I’m still always not sure whether to look under terms or queries etc.

I don’t know if you know what I mean…but having an overview of where every provider leads to would help immensely and speed up my workflow.

Thank you!!

Hello @umbertofederico,

Thanks for writing in!

Each of the Looper Providers are straight forward. You can check this first:

And if you want to display things that are not in one of the Loopers, the Looper Provider Query String or the Looper Provider Custom is the one you need. Of course, you will need to have some understanding of the WordPress Query to be able to return what you really wanted. Perhaps, this codex can help you understand the queries:

And perhaps this thread can also be a good reference:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.