Looper Provider Query String

The Query String in Looper Provider doesn’t seem to be recognizing “&” to combine two queries.

I want to show the five most recent Posts in the JME (slug:jaxmusic) category. With Query Builder, that’s easy enough.

This:
will give me:

But, if I try to make a Query String, like this “post_type=post&category_name=jaxmusic”
I get everything in the JME Category, even if it’s a Page.

If flip the query, like this “category_name=jaxmusic&post_type=post” I get the same results.

If I take the category out of the Query String, like this “post_type=post”

It works, but it shows me all of the posts. Obviously not what I want either.

It’s as if one part of the query is overriding the other part. If I add “category_name=jaxmusic” it will show me all of the results with that category, regardless of what kind of post_type it is.

Hello Ray,

Thanks for writing in!

The post_type=post&category_name=jaxmusic query string is valid and correct. Just make sure that your category name is correct. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey @ruenel I dropped the secure note. Thanks in advance for taking a look. Good luck!

Hello Ray,

You are having a page and category slug conflict on your site. You have a page that is using jaxmusic as the page slug and also your JME category is using the same jaxmusic slug. Please change the slug of the page so that it will not affect the posts.

This conflict is the reason why the pages display along with the posts. It is evident when you check the category archive page of JME.

See the secure note below.

Thanks.

Oh, gotcha.

So, the issue is that we need the url to be /jaxmusic/ for all the JME pages and posts. It’s basically a sub website. Guess I will have to settle for a work around. Thanks

Hi Ray,

Glad you found the issue, hope you sorted things out.

Cheers,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.