Looper Provider Query Builder - random on refresh

Hi,

I am wanting to show 2 posts randomly out of a group of say 10 that changes every time the user returns to the page. I have built the provider as a Query Builder with the Order By set to random and Count set to 10 - but it does not seem to be changing posts when i even refresh the page.

This is the page, the 2 used motorhomes at the bottom of the page are the posts in question.

Can you help please?

CHeers,
Darren.

Hello Darren,

Thanks for writing in!

The Random order should work in your Looper Provider Query Builder. I have test it on my local install:

And this is my Looper settings:

We would love to check your Looper settings and investigate your issue. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hey Darren,

Accessing your WP dashboard require 2 factor authentication. Please disable it in the meantime while we are checking your setup.

Thank you.

Hey Marc ,

This has been done - thanks.

Hello Darren,

I checked your site and it seems that the post is displayed in random order. Please clear your browser cache and purge all the cache from the plugin and then check it again.

Hope it helps
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello Darren,

Please note that you are listing the post from the specific category where you have only 3 posts and the number of post counts is 2 so each time you would refresh then you would get at least one same post. I would suggest you add more posts in that category and then check it again.

Thanks