Looper Issue with Deleted Page

I ran into an issue when using a looper provider. The looper provider is set to “Current Page Children” and the consumer to “All”. It all works great until we remove a page from the website such as an employee leaves the company we will delete their page. When this happens the looper is trying to pull in the old page information and breaks the layout causing us to manually update the looper provider by another method (query builder, etc.). The work around is to remove the page as child first and then it can be set to draft, private, delete, etc and it works correctly. Is there anyway to keep this from happening or a way to refresh the looper so it sees the page has been removed from WordPress?

Link to Page: https://www.missourienterprise.org/about-us-manufacturing-improvement-quality-efficiency-consultant/area-business-managers-manufacturing-improvement-quality-efficiency-resources/

Hello @staceymarler,

Thanks for writing in! After you have deleted the page, please go to your Trash bin and delete the page permanently.

If this does not help, please provide us access to your site so we can double check. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello @staceymarler,

Your Row element should be the Looper Provider and then the Column element will be your Looper Consumer.

This is your current settings. You may need to change this.

And also, I am looking for the “JAMEY QUELLE 005-2” page and I cannot find. It is not in the trash bin nor in the pages/post section. Do you have any other ideas of where it is coming from?

Thanks.

Yes, that is the problem… We deleted the “Jamey Quelle” page and it appears to have also disappeared from the trash bin. Not sure why it is still trying to pull in into the looper.

Hi @staceymarler,

I have checked your website and found that the Jamey Quelle is not in the list of the child page and does not exist in the page list too. Can you please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

@tristup the info has already been added to the secure note above.

Hello @staceymarler,

I have investigated further and I found out that it is coming from the Media Gallery. You may have deleted the page, the media that is attached to the page is still present. You should unattached it first or delete the media completely to get the issue resolved.

Please check your page now.

Thank you guys! Works great!

You are most welcome, @staceymarler.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.