Looper- is this possible?

I was using the Grid for this before but you are no longer including this in your theme so wondering if I can use a looper instead. I have images that are in image categories and then a parent they all belong in. I have the parent in the image categories but I also created an acf field to be a parent (in case that would work better) that each image category is attached to. The grid had a custom meta that I previously used for this purpose. I would like to have a looper provider from the parent category but then have the image categories be selectable and then show images only from that category as the looper consumer. Is this possible and if so I’m not sure which settings in the looper to chose to pick up from the media categories and show the images.

For example:
Car Model - parent category/acf field
Audi, BMW, Citroen - image categories - these categories all have logos
User selects Audi and only Audi images are shown.

Thank you

Hello @LFSdesign,

Thanks for writing in! You can use the Looper Provider to display your images. The problem is that we do not have the Sort Filter button function that allows the user to filter the images. Your only option is to use the Essential Grid plugin instead.

Best Regards.

Would something like this work for what I want or is it different because I am only using image categories maybe?

I can’t remember why as it was years ago, but I think I tried essential grid but found the grid to work better for what I wanted unfortunately. Having said that, I never found a way on the grid to select a category before the images were displayed.

Thank you

Hey @LFSdesign,

Perhaps this video tutorial can help you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=611IwxrOz8E&t=10s

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.