Looper Consumer - Limit multiple posts to a single Col?

I’d like to get 3 posts to stack vertically within a column using the looper consumer. Not having much luck containing them - they flow out and onto the next row. I’ve set the max width on the column. I tried applying Flexbox with direction set to vertical. Nothing seems to work. Thoughts?

Hi @lorax,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you want to stack 3 posts vertically within the column, you just need to set the column to full width.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply @marc_a. Yes, on a single column - that I can do. But what about on the row with 2 columns before the dynamic content? See the column with 3 titles squished together on the right …!

screenshot-northlandedu.wpengine.com-2021.10.21-14_29_24|690x340

Hi @lorax,

To fix your issue, we need to set the max-width of your 3rd column to 100%. Please do as follow. In your sidebar column, please add this CSS code in your edit element CSS.

$el {
  max-width: 100% !important;
} 

Then you should set the looper consumer in your text element and you will have a stack of vertical posts.

Hope that helps.

Getting much closer - thank you. The only issue left is that the example you used is actually two different Post Titles. I want to end up with the Post Title, Post Excerpt, and publish date. When I try to add these elements the don’t stack in the proper order. I get the titles first in a group. Then the excerpts in a group below that. Feels like I need to add a container and apply the looper consumer to that so they will repeat in the proper order?

Oh! Wait - that’s what you meant when you said use a Text element. This way I can place dynamic content within it and get the outputs to stack in the right order. Duh.

Hey Gregg,

It is good to know that you have figured out a way to resolve the issue. If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to open another thread.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.