Looking for the right restaurant menu plugin

I specialize in doing restaurant websites. I’ve been using Cornerstone to design the menus directly on the menu pages but it has become apparent that even Cornerstone is too complicated for my customers to do even small menu updates. I’ve been looking for a plugin to simplify the process for them so they can just go into a specific menu item to update the price or description without going into Cornerstone. There’s a lot of plugins but most I’ve found have their own formatting. I would like to find something that provides an easy editing interface but stays out of the way of the design of the site. Anyone have any experience with restaurant menu plugins?

Not with restaurant menu plugins or an out of the box type solution… but here are a few thought off the top of my head you might want to look into:

Form plugins like Ninja Forms have add-ons that allow for ‘front-end editing’ type solutions that might be able to be tied to fields (maybe like the custom fields plugin with X) that get used to build the menu page. You might be able to put something together without a ton of custom development, if you can’t find a more out of the box solution.

I was on a path to build that kind of functionality into a project for a bit a while back, but the project never moved forward. I had bounced the idea off Ninja Forms support, and while it went beyond their ‘customization’ support, they seemed to indicate in their response that they thought it would be doable.

Anyway… no guarantees (as I didn’t get far enough into it), but you a trail you might want to chase a bit more or experiment with.

Also, if there truly is nothing like that around, it might be well worth it to hire a developer and create it and sell it. The closest things I know of are a pizza builder plugin or stuff like that. But, that’s a great niche market with a ton of those kind of sites around.

Thanks for the response and ideas.

I thought about using custom fields in some format. I found one by Moto Press called Restaurant Menu that is workable for what I need to do. Their support has been really great.

I think at some point, I will go the route you suggested and have a developer create a custom plugin to my specific specifications.

Thanks again for your input.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.