Looking for an easy way to assign a header to multiple pages

I wanted to make sure I wasn’t overlooking an easier way to assign a header to multiple pages than the way I’ve been using.

Commonly I create sites with a header with an absolute bar which I use on all Pages and a second header with a relative bar which I use on all calendar, event, archive, and post pages.

To do this I usually assign the relative header as entire site/global so it’s automatically assigned to all events, posts, etc. I then manually assign the absolute header to each page using the Page Specific assignment:
Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 10.47.34 PM

With the original Header/Footer tool introduced in the Pro theme years ago this was easy as I could simply click each of the pages I wanted assigned. However with the newer version of the tool assigning each page requires many more clicks as I have to click “Add Condition Group”, then choose “page (specific)”, then choose the individual page. As I commonly make sites with dozens of pages this quickly becomes very annoying.

Is there an easier way for me to select multiple pages to assign individual headers to?

Hi @NMWeb,

Thanks for reaching out.
While assigning the same Header to multiple pages, you need to add each page as you have already added. There is no alternative option available right now.

Thanks

Thanks for the confirmation Tristup. If you could add this to the list of requested future enhancements I’d greatly appreciate it.

Previously assigning a couple of dozen pages to a specific header took less than five minutes, now it takes exponentially longer and is much easier to make a mistake while doing it.

You are most welcome.
And your feedback has been noted.

@NMWeb t’s probably outside supports scope to suggest because it involves a plugin or code function, but you can add categories/tags to pages and then you have the ability to group them together with a category, and assign a header to that. Hope that helps!

Hi @xRae,

By default, the categories or tags can be assigned to the Posts not to the Pages.

Thanks

I know, that’s why I suggested to them a plugin or adding a function to get it to work. It’s how I do it, just thought I would make the suggestion because I know you can’t since it is outside the scope of support. :sunglasses:

Hi @xRae,

Yes you are right here.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.