Logo image size in header

Hello,

I am trying to get my logo image into the header, but I can’t figure out the sizing. When I try to load the png image it says the file is too large (same with the jpeg file). I have reduced the size on my Mac, but then itcomes out giant or not focused and tiny. I read through the documents and I don’t see the “logo width px” option on my screen. Once I add the image (when it lets me), I can’t click the resize buttons. Thanks for your help!

Hello Stephanie,

Thanks for writing in! Please resize your Logo Image to at least 600x600 pixels. Are you using the Header Builder and have inserted the Image element? To better assist you with your issue, we would love to check your custom header. If you wouldn’t mind, you can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello Stephanie,

The ACME logo image is just 220x120 pixels which means that your logo that is originally 8000 pixels is way bigger file size. Resizing it to 2560 pixels is still big enough. You should resize it to at least 600 pixels or less and make sure that it is in .jpeg, .jpg, .png or .gif file format. If you use any other file format it will just be a big file size and not a cross browser compatible.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi Ruenel,

The sizing helped. It seems to fit well now that I sized it down to 550. However, it touches the top, how can I get the little bit of space back that the Acme logo had above it, just so it doesn’t touch the top line. Thanks!

Hi Stephanie,

You can add some padding to the top of the image used as logo in the Header.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thank you, that helped once I unlinked the sides for the padding.

You are most welcome Stephanie

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.