Little UX thing: "Uncheck all sections" option, when saving a page template

Hi!

I wanted to save a single section, and I have completely missed the fact that I have to uncheck all sections that I don’t want to save. I have searched around to find the way how to save a single section with its content.

It seems to me that this solution is counter intuitive, and even once you know what to do, it includes extra steps.

I propose adding an “Uncheck all sections” option, somewhere in the proximity of the “Save template button”.

This would serve two purposes: one, it would make more clear that once you uncheck all sections, you 'd need to re-check the one(s) you want to save, and two, it would reduce the number of steps required, since we wouldn’t have to uncheck bunch of section on longer pages, in order to keep one checked, so we can save it.

Hope it makes sense. :slight_smile:

Oh, btw, is there a way to load a section (block) template into a desired position, instead to the bottom of the page?

Thanks!

We made some decisions to try to reduce workflow differences between the previous and new version. For example, saving a template has always included all sections on the page. If we made them unselected by default we’d be increasing the number of steps for people used to the previous workflow. We’ve added your thoughts to our issue tracker for consideration.

When inserting, by default it will be placed at the bottom but you can click any of the inline “insert” buttons between the sections as a secondary way to add the template. This lets you place it wherever you like.

Hi @alexander!

Just to clarify, I didn’t mean to have them unchecked by default, but rather, to have them checked, with an option to uncheck all.

This is common behavior of filters, like in Excel, where you can “Unselect all”, so you can select only what you want.

Thanks!

Gotcha, I’m sorry, should have realized that. I’ve updated the notes we have. Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.