Links not working on Modern Sliders when using Chrome desktop

Hello
I have noticed a bug when using Modern Sliders. When using Chrome desktop (the bug does not happen on Firefox desktop or Chrome mobile), it’s not possible to follow the link when clicking a < a > tag. The cursor becomes the grab icon but the click has not effect.

You can test on your demo site (https://demo.theme.co/modern-sliders/) in the section ‘Post Carousel Slider’. Clicking on the slider elements opens the posts on Firefox but not on Chrome.

Pro: Version 5.1.4
Chrome: Version 98.0.4758.82

Hello @STUANDCO,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked it on my localhost on both the browser Google chrome Version 98.0.4758.82 and Firefox version 97.0 and it is working fine at my end. In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks for the reply,

It’s very strange. It’s working again today for some websites (but it can be clunky), it was not working yesterday (tested on different computers with co-workers).
Very confused, not sure how it’s possible.

But it still not working for me (and my co-workers) on the demo site (https://demo.theme.co/modern-sliders/) on the " Post Carousel Slider", some link work, some doe not (test them all). Even on Firefox.

There is definitely something going on because i can replicate this issue on multiples computers.

Hey @STUANDCO,

In that case, please tell us the name of the Operating System you’re using and its version number. Also, tell us the version number of the Chrome browser you’re using so we can check if there’s a cross-browser issue with our demo.

Thanks.

Of course, everything is up to date :
Windows 10 version 21H1 build 19043.1526
Chrome version 98.0.4758.82

Also, not sure if it can help but all our computers have a 2560x1440 screen resolution

Thanks.

Hey @STUANDCO,

I am another staff checking in and I can replicate the issue when using Brave, Chrome or MS Edge browser. I also tried using Firefox, Opera and Safari. It is still the same. I can only click the " Or, Work More and Do Less? I Dunno" post. I believe that this is a bug with the Slider element. I will add this in our issue tracker so that our developers can investigated further on the issue.

Please bear with us.

Thanks ! I was going insane with this lol :wink:

Hi @STUANDCO,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

Hi @STUANDCO,

I can confirm that some of the links on the Modern Sliders page are intentionally disabled to avoid navigating off the page. You shouldn’t be having issues like that when using the assets on your own site. If you can send us a link to where you’re experiencing it in your project we can take a closer look there.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.