Links not working anymore

Hi there

I have noticed, that on one of my websites all links are not working anymore. They where fine, when I built the page about last summer, but after updating WordPress and the Plugins they dont work anymore:

Any idea, what couls be the problem?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind Regards,
Felix

Hello Felix,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site it seems that the mail and footer link is working fine. The other highlighted link that you have shared in the screenshot, it seems that you have not added any anchor on that please make sure you have added the link there. I would suggest you please clear your browser cache and then check it at your end if the issue still persists please let us know with your admin login details in the secure note.

Thanks

Hi Prakash

That is very strange, with me the mail and footer links are not working anymore. I have cleared the browser cache and have tried in different browsers. I even have deactivated all plugins, and there are still no links, either in the footer builder editor or in the frontend.

Kind Regards,
Felix

Hello Felix,

I am another staff checking in. I can replicate the issue on my browser. I cannot click on the links that you added in your footer. To better assist you, please provide us access to your site so we can check your footer. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel

Thank you very much for your reply and for looking into this!

Hello Felix,

There is something going on in your site because I created a test page with a link in it. I cannot click on the text link as well. You can check it out here: https://gribimetzgete.ch/a-link-text/

This can be caused by a plugin amongst other things. Kindly troubleshoot with the following most common issues that might have affected this:

If the above suggestions fails, can you please re install the Pro theme? You can do it manually.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi Ruenel

The issue is only on Mac. Today I tested on Windows and there the links are working perfect.

I have detected, that the issue comes from the installed font “Gotham”. The client wanted to have “Gotham” font on his website, so I created a font set in X-Pro. Is there a possibility to load “Gotham” font without having this issue on Mac?

Kind Regards,
Felix

Hi Felix,

There is no issue with the specified Font and the Theme, there might be something else that is behind your issue. I would suggest you check one by changing the font for that specific section and check if that resolves your issue.

Thanks

Hi Tristup

Thank you very much for your reply. I have uploaded the font “GothamBook” as TrueTyp-font. I also was able to import this font in the Font-Manager, but as soon as I activate this font for the website, on Mac Computer, the links are gone. Windows PC is fine!

Kind Regards,
Felix

Hi Felix,

It seems that you have followed the correct process for uploading and using the specific font. But the specific font is not been recognized by your Mac computer. I would suggest you check by changing the font temporarily if that resolves your issue.

Thanks

Hi Tristup

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, the font “Gotham” is recognized by my Mac compoter. The text is showing up in tis font, but on Mac computer therea are no links anymore, when activating “Gotham”. Temporarily changing the font helps indeed, but the client wishes “Gotham” font.

What could I do?

Thanks again for your help!

Kind Regards,
Felix

Hi Felix,

Temporarily changing the Font proved that the issue is with the Gotham font and the Mac, and this is quite weird. I would suggest updating the operating system and the browser if that is not updated yet, and check if that resolves your issue. I would also request to check in the different computers if that helps.

Thanks

Hi Tristup

Thank you very much for your reply. I have tried everything. I even have installed different Gotham .ttf ans .otf fonts. They are showing up at the website bur on Mac, there are no links anymore, after activating Gotham in Font Manager.

Kind Regards,
Felix

Hi Felix,

We are really sorry that we are not able to advise you much on this. I would still suggest you change the font for specific sections if that allowed.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.