Links in Audio Playlist?

I will be working on a site for a client (no site yet) where they would like to feature samples of their .mp3s in a playlist and have a little link to their paypal purchase for that song clip.

The default WordPress Audio Playlist works great except that there is no way to add a unique “Purchase” link to the title area of each track.

When each song is selected it displays the Featured Image and the Title of the song above the player and I would love to either attach a link out to their cart for each featured image or drop an HREF into the title that would just say “Purchase Now” after the song title but unfortunately none of the fields on the Attachment Details Page for the media files seem to accept HREF or markup info.

Any thoughts on how this might be achieved?

(edit: on further review I see that the Description area on the ‘more details’ page will accept a hyperlink, is there a way to get the playlist to display the Description for each song at the top rather than the title and I can add the link there?)

Hi,

Thanks for writing in! To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

Thank you.

Hey Paul! Thanks for responding, but as I mentioned in the post there is no site yet. This is an exploratory mission to find the best solution before hand.

I can assure you that it will be an up-to-date, non-modified version of Pro when we do design it though.

In summary I am just trying to figure out how to get the basic WordPress Audio Playlist to display the media file description in the top area instead of displaying the title (because that field allows a link).

I think that would be the best way to associate a unique link with each file, unless you know of a better way.

Hi there,

Customizing the default shortcodes of the Wordpress is outside of our support scope. I did a search regarding this and found this plugin that may be of a help:

This is the shortcode that you may be interested in:

Thank you for your understanding.