Linked content Inside Slider

Hi,
I am working on a homepage slider and up to this point it has been plain sailing and my thanks go out to all who built the slider element.
However, am I right in thinking the individual slide can’t be linked to a specific page that the user clicks on?
Only I am seeing no link controls in the UI and the links in the global block content I am using in the slide do not seem to work.
Help is always appreciated
Cheers
David

Hi @davidwdesign,

Thanks for reaching out!

What slider element are you using? If you are using the Slider (Inline). You can change the individual slide to anchor tag then you can set or add a link to it.

Hope that helps.

Hi marc_a,
Dam I knew that!! Thanks so much for the reminder, I just could not figure it out.
Also, I watched the promo video for Sliders and it mentions more than a dozen sample designs to choose from. Where can I find these sample layouts? All I see as choices are four basic inline sliders.
Cheers
David

Hi,
I totally thought that would work, but nothing doing. The code for the link is there but it just does not activate when you click on it.
Any ideas?
Cheers
David

Update: Not quite sure what I did to stop this from working, but I decided to do some testing and although I did not quite find out what setting I changed to break it. I did however get the slider to work when I re-created it from scratch.
So solved, thanks for your help.
Cheers
David

Hi David,

There are dozen of sample designs to choose from for modern sliders but those are paid packages. You can check this link for more information.

On the other hand, would you mind sharing your credentials so that we can check your setup? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Page URL where the modern slider is located

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi marc,
I have purchased the extension pack and its fantastic the way its all explained.
I do however think it might be a good idea for you to have a look under the hood. As I’m having some issues with the preview I get in cornerstone.
The Credentials you asked for are in the secure note.
The slider is on the Home page. I’m using global blocks in each slide which is a grid element. I’m having a hard time lining up all the headline and text when the page sizes and the preview is different from what shows up on the page.
I probably have is screwed up somehow.

Hi David,

I just check your homepage slider but I don’t see any issues. The slider is clickable, has a great alignment in the headline and text when the page resizes. It is also showing properly inside the cornerstone. If you are still viewing it on your end differently, it could be a cache issue. I suggest that you clear your browser cache or use incognito mode.

Hope that helps.

Hi,
I managed to resolve my sizing issues after my post but I was interested to see if you noticed any issues. Its a ways off being complete but its getting there. Can’t wait to play with the slider on my posts and products.
Thanks for checking it out.
Cheers
David

Hi David,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.