Limit to number of items in The Grid

I’m trying to use The Grid to display my YouTube playlists but it looks like there’s a limit to 50 items in a grid, even though I put in 100 items. How can I get around this? I also asked on The Grid’s page at CodeCanyon and they said to contact you or else I’d have to purchase a license for support on this. Any help?

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

I think there is a limit, even for twitter and facebook feeds have limit, but I’m not sure as I just read it somewhere before. But, I like to check your setup to see if it’s just due to configuration or really a limit. Would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note?

Thanks!

I’ve sent the details to login. I know that there’s a way since I’ve found another YouTube plugin that will pull over all the videos in the playlist… or at least all the ones we have so far, which is over 50. https://wordpress.org/plugins/yottie-lite/

Hi,

The login provided doesn’t seem to work.

Kindly check again and let us know.

Thanks

Apologies… updated the password in the note

Hi there,

The plugin you’re referring is doing it in a different way. Example, in their demo, it’s requesting 3 items only, then when user click next page, it will then request another 3. It’s not displaying it all at once so you may try that another plugin too. And it’s made for that purpose (dedicated plugin for youtube).

Example,

$page1 = "http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/playlists/" . $play_list_ID . "?start-index=1&max-results=3"; $page2 = "http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/playlists/" . $play_list_ID . "?start-index=4&max-results=3"; $page3 = "http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/playlists/" . $play_list_ID . "?start-index=7&max-results=3";

While The Grid displays all items at once and pagination works from the current set of displayed items. And it’s made that way since it’s not just youtube that is being displayed. It meant to be used for all possible items regardless of types (but limited for external sources).

In the grid, it’s something like this

$all_items = "http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/playlists/" . $play_list_ID . "?start-index=1&max-results=50";

I checked and there is no way I can override it, I’ll add this to our issue tracker as a feature request.

Thanks!

Thanks for checking it out. It would definitely be a great feature to not have to use another plugin

Thanks for the input.

The Grid, although bundled with X, is a third party plugin but indeed what you suggest make sense.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.