Lightbox Shortcode and Videos

How does the lightbox shortcake work with stopping videos when closed?

I’m trying to get the same function to work using the V2 Modal element.

I’ve tried implementing the Vimeo Api in the global JS with a couple of different scripts (I’m a total noob when it comes to JS so I have no idea if this is close or not)

OR

I’m trying to the video on this page: https://bluestack.media/homenew/

to pause or stop whenever the user closes the modal before the video has finished playing.

Can this be done?

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, please use the lightbox shortcode instead. It will stop the video when the modal is closed.

You can use the video URL (https://player.vimeo.com/video/218182659) to link an icon or image to the video.

Cheers!

I was using the lightbox shortcode before but it’s a bit clunky and difficult to edit unlike the modal. Is there any documentation on how the lightbox is able to stop the video on close?

Hi there,

Sorry for the confusion, it has no capability to stop video upon close (may work sometimes), the lightbox is just a modal window which has no control over its content’s feature. To stop the video, it requires further coding (javascript for HTML5 video, and API for other video providers like youtube, vimeo and etc.)

Hence, it’s not possible. You will need a developer to create a special code depending on the video you’re using.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.