Licensing issue on staging site

Hello! I am trying to test Cornerstone and X theme updates on my staging site but I am getting an error message saying the code isn’t valid because it’s being used on another site. I reviewed old forums and it looks like we need to include our staging URL on the account, but ours appears to be there. Please advise. I would like to test everything before updating on our actual site.

Hi @Script0rium,

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you will remove the staging URL in your themeco account to reset the validation.

Afterwards, revalidate your website and it will automatically update the staging URL in your themeco account. If it doesn’t help, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi! Thanks so much for this. I did have one more question before I do this. I noticed that our regular site (scriptorium.com) is not listed on our dashboard. The only URL there is the one for the staging site. Is there a reason for this? I don’t want to cause any problems with the actual license on our main site.

Hey There,

I’ve moved the staging url to the staging field now the production site field is empty so you can use the license to validate the live site or if it’s still validated you do not need to do anything/might need to revalidate it at a future point by entering the license code.

Thank you. I still need to revalidate on the staging site since that URL has changed. I was looking at the previous response that includes the screenshot, but I’m not seeing that on my end. Does it just need to be removed?

Hi @Script0rium,

Just follow the steps I mentioned above to validate your staging area. If it doesn’t help, please give us your WordPress credentials in a secure note.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.