License updating to Pro while still using X

My question doesn’t seem to be answered directly.

I have X license… I am definitely going to upgrade it to Pro. My question is since we are able to have a dev and live install under one license. How do I go about upgrading to Pro, which I want to dev a new look for the site in question, WHILE the live site is still X?

What is the proper way to continue?

Hi There,

If you purchased X before PRO release you can find on your APEX Dashboard a PRO Demo link so you can test the theme before doing the upgrade.

Download, install and have fun.

If that is not the case, you can pay the upgrade, download PRO, your X theme won´t be validated while that, but as you are building a new site, you don´t need to worry about future updates on your X installation, so you can validate your new PRO install and build your new site while your “old” site is live even if not validate what won´t cause any issues to it.

Hope it helps

I’m asking will me upgrading to Pro affect my live site which is X? I want to redo this site locally with the new Pro version… but leave the live site as is… as X.

Hello @kimmikennedy,

As explained by my colleague, upgrading the licence to Pro wont have any effect on your live website. Let me elaborate, what you are doing is just upgrading the licence. In order to effect the live website, you will have to replace X theme files with Pro and then proceed with the validation process. Which as of now you are not doing as the developement using Pro is going to be on localhost.

Let us know if that answers the question.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you, that answers my question fully.

Glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile: