License and Extension Download

Really don’t even know where to begin! I converted my X license to Pro. My site that is live is X and I’m redoing that site working locally. So in my license page it is showing me 2 different keys.

Really don’t understand this license management page / settings, I have done different combinations of validation… no matter what my local dev site ALWAYS goes to production when I add from the WP dashboard!

So I manually take it out and manually add it to staging. Now while at production WP dashboard I enter key, it tells me valid license but cant validate etc.

At this point, I’ve spent way too much time for this and say forget about the production site. I revoke all validate sites, go to my dev Pro site… enter key yet again, I then refresh the my license page, the site is listed in production AGAIN! I’m tired of playing with this now.

I go to my local dev site, which is validated, I go to install extensions… I click install on ANY extension, it says installed and green check mark. i go to plugins folder, and there is NO extension downloaded!

Why am I not able to download extensions, but yet plugins download fine?
Is there a way to just manually download the extensions so I can start building my site?

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Do you mean you have upgraded your license to Pro but you’re developing under X? Have you tried installing Pro first and validate it then activate X? And if you wish to install the extensions manually then you’ll have to download your X Package file from Themeforest and extract the plugins under extension folder. Then you can manually install them through FTP or Admin > Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin

Thanks!

Yes, I upgraded to Pro. My live site is still X. I am redoing the site locally, using the updated Pro.

I finally did figure out to download them under the live site that has X. But why this is not possible for me to download under local dev Pro even while my license is marked verified in the install and the locks are unlocked and green, is a problem.

I guess you can consider this closed.

Hey There,

It’s good to know that you are all set. The extensions has been downloaded.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.