Layout not being applied to archives/blog category

I’m using the layout builder and it’s not working when trying to apply a Layout to blog categories. I’ve tried applying it to all Archives (blog categories), tried applying it to “Post Taxonomy is Category” and I’ve tried applying to a few individual blog categories and I still get the same error message from Pro that says:

“No suitable preview area found. In Archive mode this could happen if you don’t have a posts page assigned. Try using the Preview Switcher to view this Layout in a different context.”

Why isn’t this working properly? I seem to run into issues all the time where the logic in the Assignments > Conditions field doesn’t the expected results - seems to be coded very poorly or at least labeled/communicated very poorly in the UI.

Hello @jgille07,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of cache, I would suggest you please purge all the cache and then check it again. If it doesn’t work for you we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few common issues before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.