Layout jumbled after update WP 4.8 and Theme X 5.1 using Child Theme

Hello X,

I am really desperate. Having gone true some updates with Theme X to 5.1 and the sidebars dissappeared. The trick was with the Child theme. The X 4.x had /themes/x-child-renew. I believe every stack had its own child theme. The new one has /themes/x-child. So when I uploaded the new files into my child theme and renamed the directory, afterwards activated it, then the sidebars are effectively popping in places where it should not be, and showing in places where it doesn’t belong.

Example:

  1. Site bar dissappeared, but something else “back to books page”
    http://www.amaravati.org/news/

  2. Main page had 2 widgets from announcements and events calander, now there are 3 sidebars appearing.
    http://www.amaravati.org

  3. wrong sidebar: should be the retreat centre, not visiting
    http://www.amaravati.org/retreat-centre/

Under appearance > sidebars > the settings are still correct.

Help!

Hi,

Restored backup from a few days ago :frowning:

The update got thwarted somehow!

Then everything seemed to work, now on the latest updates.

Hi @amaravati,

Happy to hear that.

Feel free to ask us again.

Thanks.