Layout issues following upgrade

Hi there,

I updated X and Cornerstone yesterday and haven’t been able to resolve major layout issues that followed.

In particular, content block and elements are now aligned to the right (and off the screen), while the logo and nav bar are also broken.

Text layout and font styling also appears to be lost through most of the site.

I have tried deactivating plugins, disabling Cloudflare, looking for similar situations in the forum etc to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi There,

Could you please try to disable the auto minify scripts on your CloudFlare account?

Let us know how it goes!

Hi Thai,

I’m afraid that didn’t work either. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Paul

Also, an additional observation:

When I view Appearance > Themes > Customize the layout looks absolutely fine.

However, when I try to edit the Front Page (for example) via Pages > Cornerstone it displays wrongly.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Your site is displaying fine when I checked: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbjinplCiV
Based on your description, that might happen if you have enabled minification of JS and CSS files. Those files are already minified by the theme and minifying it again cause breakage resulting to styling issues. But then your site is displaying as expected with no styling issues. Can you confirm if you have figure this out already or if not, tell us how we can see the issue.

Hi Lely,

Thanks for looking into this for me.

I just check the site in Safari, and it appears to be working. However, I’m still getting the same issues in Chrome:

However, if I turn off W3 Total Cache it does help, but only slightly:

(I tried clearing cache and a hard refresh in both cases.)

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help.

Paul

Hello Paul,

After updating the theme or any plugin, you will have to do these things.
1.) Login to CloudFlare and purge everything.
2.) Still in CloudFlare, turn on development mode. This will be automatically gets deactivated after 3 hours.
3.) Go to your dashboard and clear your plugin cache. This is to make sure that the lastest codes from the updates will be used in your site.
4.) Before testing your site in any browser, please clear the browser cache or use the private browsing mode and then test your site.

Hope this helps.

Awesome - thanks RueNel - that seems to have worked.

Thanks for all of your help.

Paul

You’re always welcome Paul!

Cheers.