Layout Builder Glitching. Not showing up in Child Theme, after switching themes

Issues with Layout Builder (LB) in Pro Theme:

• Existing LB layouts are not showing up when child theme is active
  • NEW layouts aren’t even populating after saving, in the child theme
  • The parent theme has all the LB layouts, once switched as active
  • Assignments can only be edit/viewed once switched to Parent theme

Recreating the issue:

• Switched to different theme (don’t even know why it was done)
  • Switched back to Child Theme for the site
  • Tried creating or viewing old LB layouts and none were visible, unassignable
  • Switched to Parent, and now I can see all assignments and all layouts previously not seen

ETC

• Applied Crafty recently, so I don’t know if that had anything to do with this issue
  • Tried clearing cache, etc on browser, and on WP, and restarted the containers running the site.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hello Jon,

Thanks for writing in! Since the issue occurs when the Child theme is active, there must some custom PHP codes or template modifications in the child theme that is causing this. Can you please post what is the contents of your child theme’s functions.php file? We would love to investigate the issue by checking your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Sooooo, you were right, it was a plugin. (a cache plugin) but I could have sworn I installed the cache plugin to erase any cache, because I thought that was causing the initial issue.
All good now! Thank you!

Great news! We are glad that the issue is now resolved. Please feel free to create another thread if you need any other help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.