Layout Builder for Archive Page Displaying Categories, but they aren't displaying in chronological order

I’ve built an archive page using the layout builder. I used the template that provides all the looper consumers for a blog layout. I’ve set the conditional logic to use this layout for when the blog is being viewed. The issue I am having is how the blog posts are being displayed in somewhat random order. I was expecting the posts on the category page to display in chronological order – arranged from the latest and most recent one to the oldest one. Here is an example of a category archive page. https://support.yetisnow.com/topic/equipment/

I was hoping to troubleshoot this issue with someone.

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for writing to us.

By default, WordPress shows the most recent post. Please make sure you have not used any custom code to change the post order. In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot common issue before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks @prakash_s ! Let me do that troubleshooting list and then send you the credentials if it isn’t solved after the list. UPDATE: I did as much as I could of the troubleshooting list but the issue still remains. I added a secure note with the information you require.

Hello Kevin,

Sorry for the confusion, the post displayed by the post publish date, please note it is not going to display by post modified date. If you want to display the post order by the post modified date it would require custom development. I would suggest you contact a developer who can assist you with your concern or you can subscribe to One where customization questions are answered. Please note we don’t provide custom development support. It is out of the support scope.

Alternatively, if you have an idea about coding please have a look at this article.

Hope it helps
Thanks for understanding

Thanks for clarifying @prakash_s. Just a quick follow-up question. Is it possible to use the Query Builder looper on Archive Layouts? I noticed the query builder looper provider has the ability to output posts by modification dates.

Hello Kevin,

WordPress already runs a loop in all of the archive pages even in the blog index. Running a custom Looper in an archive layout will just create issues like for example, the pagination will not work. We highly suggest that in archive pages, you only run a Looper Consumer.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.