Layout builder crash

Hi,

Each time I use Layout builder (both archive and single), after a couple of actions (changing colour, text, etc) cornerstone crashes. By refreshing the browser I get a browser error (bellow) and have to go back to wp backend.

Not Found. The requested URL was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an Error. Document to handle the request.

I have everything up to date (wp, theme, plugins, PHP, server memory) and it was working fine not a long ago.

Any tips?

Hello @CulturalInfusion,

Thanks for writing in!

First, go to Settings > Permalinks and select your permalink setting other than “Plain”.

• see the secure note

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi @ruenel,

I don´t know what the permalink as to do with the crash, but anyway i did what you suggested and it still crashes.
Let me try to be more specific. I can open and edit the Layout builder (archive or single) but it crashes after a while.
There´s a specific action that crashes all the time, so please try to replicate to see if it happens to you as well.
Layout Builder > Archive: Go to the Post pagination element (at the bottom) and try to change the background colour of the items.

Let me know how it goes.

Hey @CulturalInfusion,

I also experience the issue you’ve experienced when changing the background colors of the post pagination. I suggest reinstalling the theme because it might be corrupted. You can also check your site health because there are some missing PHP modules.

Hope that helps.

Hi @marc_a

I reinstalled the theme (Pro and child) and the issue persists.
There´s one optional PHP module to install, which I will do and hopefully it can solve this.

Hi @CulturalInfusion,

Please let us know if you face the same issue even after installing that PHP module.

Thanks

Hi @tristup,

Module installed and same problem.

What’s next?

Hello @CulturalInfusion,

I am another staff checking in and I edited your custom archive layout. I did not encounter any issues and I have successfully changed the color of the Pagination element.

Please make sure to clear your plugin caches, browser cache or use private browsing mode before testing the site again.

• See the secure note below.

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel

Care to explain how you did it?
I tried with cleaning cache, private mode, different browsers and i keep on having the same problem.

Hi @CulturalInfusion,

I have also checked your Archive and Single page by modifying the color and other texts temporarily and it worked perfectly fine. If you are still getting the issue, I would request you make a screencasting video to understand what exactly happens at your end.

Thanks

Hi @tristup

Here´s a video (secure note) of two issues when editing the archive.

Hey @CulturalInfusion,

Thanks for providing a video. I experienced the issue. I copied your setup to my test site and the issue couldn’t be replicated. I suspect the cause of the issue is server related. It’s not performance related, but rather, there could be a setting that is causing this issue. Please try copying your site to a different server. There are free-to-test hosts like pantheon.io.

Also, if you have installed WordPress or Pro via non-standard installation like via a package manager, this might also play a role. If this is the case, please try removing the package managers or reinstall everything using standard WordPress installation.

Regretfully, we cannot fix the issue in your server.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.