Layout and Design Section of Customizer - "Site Width," Not Working

Hey there,

The “site width” section of the layout and design section of customizer is not working. We need the site to sit at about 1150 site width, but it’s forcing the site to go max fullwidth. This makes the site seem absolutely massive in your face.

I’ve done this on numerous X theme website before, but for some reason, this won’t work. I’ve deactivated all plugins and done my normal walkthrough of issues, but am scratching my head on this one.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you,

Hi there,

Please kindly update the theme to version 1.1.1:

Also, I suggest that you clear the cache and remove Jetpack and cache plugins during the development process as they will prevent having the latest changes shown.

The other point is that in the homepage you used a Page Template which overrides that global option. You need to set that option to the default template, or at least a template with a container to have that maximum width option work:

Nevermind, we got it figured out!

Our developer designed the site with no containers in Cornerstone. If you don’t use containers on in-page design, the layout and design customizer won’t work!

I learn something new everyday :slight_smile:

Hey,

You are welcome!