Layer Slider plugin causing issues - cant's save pages with Pro/CS editor after LSlider template import failure

Hi there,
Please help asap. Layer Slider (and in particular attempting to import a free LS template is a) failing, and b) then causing save issues.
Looks to be some bug / compatibility issues with Pro+Cornerstone.

Sequence of events is this:

1. Activate Layer Slider.

2. Edit a page with Pro/Cornerstone, saves fine.

3. Try to import a Layer slider free template… it fails:
    It seems there is a server issue that prevented LayerSlider from importing your selected project.
    Please check LayerSlider → Options → System Status for potential errors, try to temporarily disable themes/plugins to rule out incompatibility issues or contact your hosting provider to resolve server configuration problems. Retrying the import might also help. Your HTTP server thrown the following error:

4. Then Pro/Cornerstone wont save any pages/changes. (Eventually times out, Uh oh… failed to save).

5. Deactivate Layer slider
    6, Pro/Cornerstone DOES SAVE pages/changes

6. Reactivate Layer slider

7. Pro/Cornerstone DOES SAVE pages/changes

FYI…
Everything on my site / installation is up to date,
X theme Pro
Wordpress
PHP Version.
Layer Slider
I have disabled almost every plugin.
Checked with the hosting company all good from their end.

Please help ASAP… I need Layer Slider in some of my pages, and need to be able to develop my website.

Hello Simon,

Thanks for writing to us

It seems that your PHP Memory Limit and PHP Execution Time Limit are less than 512M and 300 respectively.

Please have a look at our doc to learn more about how to increase the PHP memory limit.
Increase PHP Memory Limit

I recommend increasing the following server settings to the specified value or larger. Please consult your web host for all these server settings

PHP configuration recommended

memory_limit = 512M
upload_max_filesize = 512M
post_max_size = 512M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 300

I tried to log in to your site but the given login details are not working. Please recheck and send us again. It would be best if you could troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks Prakash,
Please check the secure note again… I have corrected the login details and added some more details.
The hosting company Site Ground does not allow limits quite that high but they are certainly high enough to handle the plugin needs.
It was all working with their shared hosting limits (lots of memory, 120 timeouts, 256M upload/post limits)… and there is no way that after a failed template import, the system with Pro should be broken and unable to save pages with Pro/CS… even if the template import failed
(btw… I had already imported 4 other templates over the last 2 weeks with all the same setup?!)
So, please login to my system and see if you can recreate the issue.

** UPDATE - I have found there is a plugin conflict with: Layer Slider + Yoast SEO

When I have these activated together, Layer Slider template imports fail and then after that, it subsequently stop Pro/Cornerstone from saving anything (especially with a Layer slide shortcode somewhere on the page).
Layer Slider Version 7.1.4
YOAST SEO (free) Version 18.5.1
WordPress 5.9.3 running Pro theme Version: 5.1.5

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Hello Simon,

It is good to know that you have figured out the cause of the issue. If ever, you have a WP installation in your localhost or another staging site using other than your current hosting provider, it is also great if you can replicate the issue with the increased the PHP timeout and PHP execution time to 300.

Best Regards.

Hey Simon,

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to create another thread.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.