Latest X Theme update displaying no page content

I’m having a bit of trouble with one of our sites and the latest version of X - any content inside h-entry / entry-content no longer loads and kills the page (the rest of the DOM after that div won’t load):

https://hastingslegal.espcdesign.com/

Have done a bit of digging and increasing the memory limit hasn’t helped.

WP_debug returns the following error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /srv/www/hastingslegal.espcdesign.com/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/params/vc_grid_item/shortcodes.php on line 2

I’ve tried increasing the max. execution time (as per a few other threads on this forum) but it doesn’t resolve the issue.

I’ve also tried switching from my child theme to the original X theme but the problem persists.

Could someone please advise?

Hi Jonny,
Thanks for reaching out.

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot a few common issues:

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Disabling Cache
  4. Child Theme

If the above troubleshooting does not help, please try to set the PHP Environment variable through the wp-config.php file and check if it works.

@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
@ini_set( 'post_max_size', '64M');
@ini_set( 'max_execution_time', '300' );
@ini_set( 'max_input_time ', '300' );

If it does not resolve, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Admin URL
– WordPress Admin username / password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi trisup,

Thanks for coming back to me - unfortunately none of the above suggestions have rectified the issue. I’ve added a note with the login details to my original post, if you wouldn’t mind jumping in and taking a look.

Thanks,

Jonny

Hi Jonny,

There’s a problem with your website when I was about to login. Please fix it first so that we can help you with your concerns.

Thank you.

Hi Cramaton,

Talk about bad timing! Our server went down last night - should be back online now, sorry!

Cheers,

Jonny

Hi Jonny,

The issue you are specifying in the thread can’t be replicated, even after logged into your dashboard. Please add the below-given code into your wp-config.php for debug setup, and the error logged into the file name debug.log inside the wp-content folder.
You can let us know what error you find to so we can do further investigation based on that.

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
//SET PHP INI DISPLAY ERROR FALSE
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Please find the video will help you to edit wp-config.php and add the above code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SDPTafEM8o
You can also try by deactivating and deleting the plugin and install it once again.

If you don’t want to add the above code in your live site, please copy your live site to a staging server and add the above code, so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Admin URL
– WordPress Admin username / password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi Tristup,

I am unsure as to what you mean by can’t be replicated? If you compare the staging site: https://hastingslegal.espcdesign.com to the production site: https://hastingslegal.co.uk, you’ll see what I mean. The majority of the page doesn’t load.

If you were to try and edit the page itself with visual composer it also returns an error.

I’ve enabled debugging as per your request, I’ll add the log file to a secure note.

Thanks,

Jonny

Hello Jonny,

It seems that we cannot connect or even view your debug log. We are only seeing this error:

Kindly contact your hosting provider and ask further assistance to this so that we can log in and continue troubleshooting your issue.

Thanks.

Hi Ruenel,

Could you try again now please? Should be possible this time!

Many thanks,

Jonny

Hi Jonny,

When I am now able to log in to your website, I can see that the issue is coming from your child theme because when I tried to change to the default parent theme it fixes some of the issue you are facing on, example the icons is now showing properly and etc. Please also note that any customization enhancement in your child theme is outside the scope of our team support. You may seek 3rd party developers to help you with your concern.

On the other hand, your staging area is not accessible anymore.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi Cramaton,

Thanks for taking a look - I can see that you’ve changed back to the Parent X Theme and disabled all other plugins - and yet the issue I originally raised still persists:

As you can see the page does not load, the only things that are active are X Theme and your associated plugins so I would say it’s fair to assume that this is within the scope of your team support. If you could please revisit this issue as part of your ‘24/7 product support’ that comes with the licence I currently pay for.

Thank you

Hi @espcdesign,

It seems the issue resolves if the WP Bakery page builder plugin is deactivated. The previous version of the plugin you are using has been reported with few issues, which may be the reason behind it.
We are currently testing the latest version of WP Bakery for compatibility with our theme and it will be released after it has passed our test.
Please note that the bundled plugin updates are separate from theme updates and will release once passed the compatibility test.

NOTE: Just to inform you that your site is showing “This site can’t be reached” errors in every alternative click. Sometimes it does not load at all and I need to refresh multiple times to load.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.